1Château PICHE LEIBRE
Château Piche Leibre started with the 1990 vintage. Its vineyards are located on a privileged soil, near famous wines (Palmer, Cantenac Brown).
The production is very limited and the vintage is almost exclusively sold as primeur.
Cru Bourgeois Supérieur
Château Maucamps has 19 hectares of vineyards with a wonderful exposure and planted on Garonne gravel with a clay subsoil.
The vineyard is exclusively composed of fine vines such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Petit Verdot.
All in one piece, the vineyard is located in Macau, near Margaux, bordering part of Château La Lagune and Château Cantemerle (3rd and 5th Classified Growths in 1855).
Cru Bourgeois Supérieur 1932
The property of Château Priban, former jurisdiction of Cantemerle, has benefited since 1879 of important improvements done bythe owner,
Mr. Th. Bellemer, who also increased a lot the vineyard area.
This Cru Classified Bourgeois Supérieur lays on an excellent gravel soil, well exposed and nearly totally edged by the Cantemerle vines on the south, east and west sides.
The vineyard is composed of the finest vines. Culture and vinification are attended with the utmost care, thus giving superior quality wines very much appreciated for their delicacy, bouquet and long holding in the bottle.
The vineyard is now managed by the owners of Château Maucamps.
4CLOS DE MAY
Cru Bourgeois 1932
We trace back this vintage in the Cocks & Féret 1874 edition, under the name of “Au Moulin Demey”, for a production of 14 barrels.
The name then changed to Moulin du May and Clos du May (a Cru Bourgeois as it appears in the 1932 ranking).
The vines are 100 % composed of merlot.
5Château DASVIN BEL AIR
Cru Bourgeois 1932
Its vineyard, located partly in Parempuyre and on the highest plateau of Blanquefort, is established on an important lean gravel soil resting on a thin coat of sand and a bank of yellow arenite.
Wonderfully located, this vineyard has low vines like in Medoc and they are cultivated with the utmost care.
6Château LARONDE DESORMES
Bought in 1992, the vineyard belonged during many years to the Tari family, owners of Château Giscours
(3rd Classified Growths in 1855).
This vine is located on the lower Gironde terrace, some hundred meters away from the river.
The soil is composed of “palus” (clay and sand).
On various occasions, Château Laronde Desormes has been recognized by many experts and specialized magazines as one of the best Bordeaux Supérieur of Gironde.
The vines surround a residence built by Nicolas Barreyre in 1774.
The vineyard dates from later since it was supposedly planted on the 28th of December 1793.
The Barreyre were and old middle-class family from the Bordeaux region and counted many magistrates and Stock Exchange consuls.
The 13, 5 hectares of vines stretch over a sand and clay soil bordering the Garonne and called “palus”.
Bordeaux supérieurChâteau Lescalle was built in 1875 by Emmanuel Tessandier who planted vines on the whole property during the previous century. They were uprooted in 1954 and replanted as from 1983. Born in 1841, Emmanuel Tessandier was the manager of the Banque de France in Bordeaux and then in Paris. Charmed by the luminous banks of the Garonne, he created the Château Lescalle vineyards on the palus soil. The residence was built on an artificial mound overviewing the river.
He maintained his vines with care, passion and professionalism. Gourmet and eager to share the pleasure of his wines, he organized many banquets at Château Lescalle, gathering key figures and beautiful ladies of the epoch. He became the Mayor of Macau in 1876 and was reelected in 1878.
9Château LES PARUADES
Château Les Paruades, with a surface of 3,5 ha, has several plots belonging to Château Lescalle.
10Château TERREFORT LESCALLE
Château Terrefort Lescalle, with a surface of 7 ha, has several plots belonging to Château Lescalle.
11Château DU MOULIN NOIR
The first 4,5 hectares of vines in A.O.C Lussac St Émilion were acquired in 1989. The following year, a wine and a barrel storehouse were built.
In the meantime, the estate was extended by the acquiring of 3 hectares in A.O.C Montagne St Émilion; then 1,5 hectare in A.O.C Lussac in 1992, 3 hectares in A.O.C Montagne in 1995 and finally one hectare in Montagne in 1996.
12Château DU MOULIN NOIR
According to the legend, the Château du Moulin Noir takes its name from the Middle Ages, when two brothers fought over the land after their father’s death.
Hurt because he didn’t inherit in the same way as his elder brother, even though he had worked on the land all his life, the youngest decided, on a hot summer evening, to set the property on fire as a revenge for having been chased.
Everything burnt down that night except the mill which was slightly off the house but it was blackened by the flames and the smoke.
That’s why the property is named Château du Moulin Noir (Black Mill).